It might be cold and rainy in my neck of the woods, but NOT here inside my studio! Here we have imaginary flowers!
In this 8-lesson class we will create 8-10 flower paintings, working with watercolors, chalk markers, Swedish Tracing Paper collage, kneaded rubber eraser stamping, stenciling, white ink, matte media, charcoal, and pencil on watercolor paper.
Please join me!
Note: These are the supplies that will be demoed in the class videos, but you are welcome to substitute any supplies with those you already have on hand.
- Watercolor paper, about two 22″x30″ sheets, 140# hot press (smooth)
- #12 round brush, 1/2″ flat brush (or similar)
- Watercolor set (pan or tube)
- Pilot Parallel Pen (3.8)
- Large Chalk markers, 2-3 colors (can substitute paint pens)
- White paint pen
- Swedish Tracing Paper (see below for ordering info; this item can be substituted with rice paper or tissue paper as well, though the effects won’t be quite the same)
- Kneaded rubber eraser (large)
- Stamp pads, several colors
- Matte medium
- One sheet card stock (heavy computer paper), tape
- Vine charcoal
- White acrylic ink (white nail polish works, too)
- Blue painter’s tape
- A selection of items to make marks with: old credit card, sticks, straws, plastic knives, etc.
- A selection of items found in your house to make textures with: shells, flatware, beads, etc.
- Optional: spray fixative
Nuts & Bolts
Here’s how this online class works:
- As a self-study class, so you have access to all of the lessons right now and can work the lessons on your own timetable.
- You have indefinite access to this class.
- You can (optionally) share your work with Carla via email or via the class Facebook page. Since this is now a self-study class, you will need to let Carla know if you upload work, as she doesn’t check the Facebook page as regularly. Click this link and ask to join the group!
- Class fee is good for participants living in a single household.
Thank you so much for being here! We are here to help in any way:
TECHNICAL ISSUES: If you are having trouble loading our videos or experiencing other technical problems, please click HERE.
CLASS CONTENT: If you have questions about this class and would like to contact Carla directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.