One-Week Intensive Class • $35
Painting, Mixed Media
CLASS DATES: March 24-28, 2014
In this class we’ll experiment with this easy and quick technique that creates some of the loveliest watercolor textures I’ve seen… if you love the intricate patterns found in a single rock, for example, you will love this class.
Using only t-shirt transfer paper and watercolors, we’ll first just play with brush techniques, working in layers and experimenting with fabric. (Watercolor on fabric? Yes!!) Later in the week we will add other media to the mix: charcoal, ballpoint pen, and pastel to add even more texture and depth to these unique paintings.
And use cut and torn bits and pieces of the painted transfers to create fun and unique pieces of art:
We’ll also work with “plates” to create multi-layered paintings:
Here’s the scoop for one-week camp sessions:
• Think “camp” and be ready for a week jam-packed with creativity! (If you do all the assignments each day, I estimate it will take about 1 – 1.5 hours each day.)
• Each day you’ll wake up to a morning peptalk email with links to your daily schedule, warm-up PDF drawing worksheet, daily assignment and demonstration video. (Five camp days; five warm-up worksheets; assignments; five videos.)
• A password-protected blog dedicated to each class will serve as our clubhouse and will be our meeting place for all of the above.
• A flickr group will be created for each session so you can (optionally) share your worksheets, drawings, paintings, and enjoy and learn from the artwork of others. (However, if you are shy about posting your art, I am always available to look at your work via email.)
• A perfect activity to do with your kids.
• The class materials will be up and available for download until “forever,” if for some reason you need to miss a day (or a couple of weeks).
• Upon registration, you will receive an email within 48 hours confirming your sign-up. The week before your camp session begins, you will receive a “test” email to make sure you can receive/view everything. (That way, when the camp starts, any mosquito bugs will be worked out!)
• What you will need: You will be able to read acrobat pdf files and view videos.
• Class fee is good for participants living in a single household.
QUESTIONS? [email protected]
– Several watercolor brushes – brushes that you have on hand, medium to large, round or flat
– Small set of watercolors (cake or tube is fine)
– One 30” x 40” sheet of hot press, 140# watercolor paper, torn down to eight 7.5” x 10” pieces; save remaining paper for extra paintings.
– One package (6 or 12 sheets) of regular t-shirt transfer paper for white fabric (recommended: Avery T-Shirt Transfers for Inkjet Printers)
– white paper for drawing exercises (can be regular computer paper)
– ballpoint pen
– small set of water soluble markers (can be cheap)
– parchment or tissue paper (to protect your iron)
Optional items (I will demo these things but are not necessary to participate in the class):
– white cotton fabric or t-shirt
– soft vine charcoal
– chalk pastels
Check out other online classes here.