Facebook Class Forum
Padlet Class Forum
You can (optionally) share your work with via the class Padlet or Facebook forum pages. Carla will be there to see what you are doing, but due to the large number of students enrolled we can’t guarantee commenting on each one. (However, our group is lively and supportive, and you will find friends there!) If you have any questions, you will be able to email the Carla anytime.
Please note: We have healthy and enthusiastic forums… hurray! If you are new to our year-long classes, you might find it a bit chaotic or overwhelming at first…. but please don’t worry! Pop in here and there, and in time things do calm down. 😀
Over the past 6 years we have hosted our forums Facebook for two main reasons: it has provided a space for a community of artists to learn, collaborate, grow and enjoy each other, and it has been accessible to everyone around the world and is easy to use.
However, we also recognize that Facebook is more than just an objective platform and is controlled by people who have abused their power through breaches of privacy and even ethical standards.
This puts us in a difficult position because, while we do not support the leaders of Facebook, we would never want to exclude the users that rely on this platform as a method to connect and communicate. For that reason, are working on creating our own custom community app that provides security and is easy to use for everyone.
We hope to have this ready to go early in 2021. Please be patient with us as we make this change.
Carla and Steve
Here’s How it Works
• Join us for the 2-week class with access to all lessons on May 12th. Class runs May 12-22, 2020. (If you have already taken Make it Move, you are invited to join the Film Festival at no cost and will receive details at your class page on May 12th.)
• Make a bunch of animations and submit your favorite by Tuesday, May 26, 2020, to be presented in the Film Festival. Details will be in your class folder.
• One Submission per student.
• Films should be less than 25 seconds long.
• Everyone who contributes a film to the Film Festival will receive a $10 credit towards any of our classes.
• Join us for the live-stream presentation of ALL submissions on Saturday, May 30, 2020 at 12 noon PST hosted by Carla.
• Kara and our friend Will Sonheim (from indy film distributor Music Box films) will pick their favorites from two categories and three different age groups. There will also be Honorable Mentions in each category.
• Categories: ….(a) Collage/3D Objects…. (b) Drawing/Painting
• The age groups are…. (a)10 and under… (b) 11-17 and (c) 18 and up
• One winner from each category will receive smart phone holder designed specifically for making animations.
Our Kitchen Table Judges:
Only class participants are eligible for the film festival but we have scholarships available. Email email@example.com for scholarship info.
We understand that these are hard and unusual times. Let us know if we can help you get access to this class by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!
Steve and I recently sent an email out to our teachers asking for ideas to get through these next strange months. We loved Kara Kramer’s idea of a downloadable PDF of teacher’s art prompts, so we did it!
Here is a 40-page “Creative Care Package” from 12 of us! Each teacher created 2-5 pages.
You can print it out (many pages are meant to be drawn on), or just keep it online and do the prompts in your sketchbooks.
Please feel free to share widely… use in your classrooms… and share your pages on the Carla Sonheim Presents Facebook Group!
Please take good care,!
Anne Marie Grgich